Shopping for a mattress can be quite a tiring task because there are so many options to choose from. One of the most popular among households is the latex type. A lot of people love this mattress because it does not only provide the user the proper back support while sleeping, but more importantly, the comfort that other types may not offer. In fact, a lot of those who have chronic back pain prefer this.
And while latex seems to be perfect, you need to understand that not all may meet your needs. With the huge array of varieties to choose from, it is important to bear in mind these pointers to help you with your purchase.
- First and foremost, you need to decide if you want natural or synthetic latex. The natural type, as the name suggests, is not man-made. Specifically, it comes from the rubber tree. If your advocacy is about using natural raw materials, then this is the perfect one for you. And since it is natural, it is also a bit more expensive compared to the synthetic type. You can even find some manufacturers that offer all natural and organic products so you should check that out too. On the other hand, you can also opt for synthetic latex, which is more affordable. This type is a combination of natural and synthetic materials. Remember that there is no such thing as “all synthetic”.
- As much as possible, purchase from sellers that can provide you with certifications for the products. This will ensure that what you are buying has been thoroughly tested and that it meets the highest quality of standards. This is also crucial to determine whether your mattress is safe to use since some manufacturers may use chemicals especially for the synthetic type.
- If you prefer something firm, then you should choose a mattress, which used the Dunlop method. If you want something soft, then look for brands that used Talalay method. Again, it will all depend on preference, but it is still nice to remember these two processes just in case you want to ask the seller. Just note that mattresses produced using the Talalay method are a lot more expensive.
- Don’t forget to check the firmness level of the latex mattress you are getting. Make sure that it meets what you want and need. Just like the other types available today, there are many levels of firmness to choose from. To determine your preference, lie on the mattress and test it yourself. Go with your partner if possible so you can both make the decision.
- If you want additional comfort, then you should look into multi-layer mattresses. Unlike the single layer type, you can easily change the layers depending on your preference. For example, if you suddenly have a change of heart regarding your desired firmness, then it will be a lot easier for you. There will be no need to buy a new mattress again, so this will also save you not just money, but effort as well.
- A great warranty policy is an important consideration. As much as possible, buy from companies that will make you feel safe and protected. No matter how inexpensive a mattress is or how good the deal is, there is a huge likelihood that you will still regret your purchase after some time. Good warranty duration is around 10 years, but of course, this will vary from one company to another.
- Make sure that your latex mattress has enough pinholes to allow proper ventilation. These holes also keep the mattress cool.
Since latex mattresses are popular, manufacturers love introducing variations of it. Because of this, you will have more options to choose from. However, always bear in mind that it always comes down to your preference and the level of comfort that you want to get. Take your time to truly assess what each brand offers so that it will be much easier for you to see your perfect fit. Again, there is no need to worry, just use the pointers we have discussed above and you are ready to go latex mattress shopping.