Moving items from one house to another can be quite overwhelming. But there is nothing too overwhelming that an organised system cannot follow. The best way to ensure a smooth transition from one destination to another is by means of carefully transporting your most precious household items and keeping them in the way that you want them.
To fully complement your service requirements for the moving and removals Gloucester specializes in, here is a simple procedure outlining ways how you can map out household items when moving out.
- Categorise and label the items from your old home that you plan to carry to the new place. This is the only part of the procedure that will require a bit of mechanical work. Use colour coded stickers or printed sticker labels that will tell you where the item belongs. Specific labels like Living Room main cabinet, Bedroom Cabinet 1, Bedroom Cabinet 2, Home Office Bookshelves, and many others depending on your unique new home’s layout will work best. If you can use acronyms that you can easily see and understand, that will also speed up the labels.
- Get a detailed floor plan for your new home in advance and have it as your reference. It pays to have your new floor plan with furniture placements ready in advance, months or weeks before your planned date of hauling and moving your stuff out. This way, you already have a visual clue as to what fits where and how it will be placed there. For example, the floor area in your living room may be a bit more spacious than another area you have earmarked for storage and you can use the floor plan to conduct estimates.
- Group the labelled items according to their place in your new home under the new floor plan. Apply your labelling magic and group them together and store them that way so that they will not be broken apart during the move.
- Put the similarly labelled items together in a single container and indicate the intended location. Depending on your existing storage arrangements with your professional moving company, you can choose to select similar containers for your grouped objects.
- Convey your labelled plan to your professional storage and moving company for coordination. Whatever you plan to do for your moving out, inform your storage company experts so that they will not be surprised. This is the best way to ensure that you are able to carry out a seamless mapping out of your household items. You can also consult them before you start labelling your household items so that they can give you additional tips on which items should ideally go with each other.
You do not necessarily have to have the expertise in removals Gloucester companies offer their clients, but you can make the job easier for your transition if you also do your own systematic method.