Would you like to rejuvenate your exterior space ready for spring and the warm summer months?
Your property may be delightful inside but if the winter has left your paving, gravel and planting looking sorry for itself and you want to give the “outdoor” room an overhaul then it’s time to start thinking.
Spring is just around the corner and you don’t want to leave your landscaping until the days when you could be relaxing outside.
Firstly, you need to consider which landscaping materials you would like to use, your budget and what exactly you hope to achieve.
- New vibrant gravel for paths?
- Natural paving – limestone, granite, marble perhaps?
- Landscaping bark for a play area?
- An Indian sandstone circle for the patio?
- A crunchy driveway?
- A water feature that arrests the eye?
- Replacing the lawn with a patio – or vice versa?
- Adding railway sleeper steps?
- New trellis’?
Landscaping materials professionals like Rivar Sand and Gravel who are based in Newbury, Tadley and Windlesham have extensive product ranges from industry leaders like Global Stone, Rivar and Bradstone to suit all tastes and budget requirements.
Perhaps your natural lawn is currently a mud patch with unruly blades of Spartan grass.
You’re fed up cutting and weeding the lawn each year and so you intend to replace natural with an artificial lawn product that looks realistic and requires minimal maintenance.
Namgrass has a wide range of options including Green Eclipse and Meadow. Easy to install, they last for years and will make you the envy of your lawn mower wielding neighbours.
If you have a concrete path that’s tired and want to add texture to your exterior then one of the least expensive, easiest to install and self-sufficient landscaping materials choices is gravel for paths, and driveways too.
There are gravels which cater to traditional, contemporary and themed schemes. Gravel for paths tends to be more comfortable underfoot when it is 10mm. A driveway would be optimised with the chunkier 20mm gravel.
A few options to consider:
Traditional – South Cerney Gravel, Cotswold Chippings, Toffee Gravel.
Contemporary – Cheshire Pink, Green Basalt, Flamingo Gravel.
Themed e.g. monochrome – Moonstone Gravel, Dolomite Gravel, Red Chippings.
Maybe you’d like to make a feature dining area in your garden, one in which the barbeque has a permanent home rather than an unused corner.
You can select plain slabs in various sizes or circles. You are spoiled for choice.
- Global Stone’s Midnight Black Limestone is a designer favourite that will captivate you. It’s veining, texture and durability make this a fantastic purchase.
- For a classic appearance, Global Stone’s Yorkstone Paving is perfect. It’s functional, attractive and made from ancient stone. Project packs contain various slab sizes.
- Rivar’s silver grey slate in 600mm X 600mm size is inexpensive but exceptional. It is 20mm thick with a riven surface.
We recommend a trip to a landscaping materials expert so that you can realise your visions and savour sunny days.